Romain Talbot was a wholesale dealer in photographic goods in Berlin, from 1855. At least for some of the period the firm was active, Talbot did not make cameras, but sold them under his own Errtee ('RT' for Romain Talbot) brand. McKeown lists a few folding cameras for plates and roll film, including rebranded Balda and Foth cameras.
There is also the Errtee ferrotype button camera of about 1910, for one-inch ferrotype buttons, incorporating a developing tank. This has a 60 mm f/3.5 or f/4.5 Laack Schnellarbeiter lens. The base of the camera has three processing tanks, the exposed plate drops down the chute. George Eastman House has a wooden (or wood-covered) version, decorated to look like a miniature cannon, complete with wheels. Another street or fairground camera with a Talbot-branded lens, this one for postcard format pictures, also developed in the camera, was sold at auction by Rahn.
Talbot himself died in 1909. Talbot dealt in other goods besides cameras, including motor accessories and bicycles, and the company had an outlet in London.  Talbot (in person and the company after his death) held patents relating to bicycle equipment and other inventions.
|Camera industry in Berlin|
|Agfa | Amigo | Astro Berlin | Bermpohl | Bopp | B+W | Foth | Goerz | Grass & Worff | Levy-Roth | Ernst Lorenz | Plasmat | Rudolph | Rothgiesser & Schlossmann | Rüdersdorf | Schulze & Billerbeck | Sida | Stegemann | Romain Talbot|
|Photo by Alan Samiljan (Image rights)|
|Errtee ferrotype button camera stamped "Made in Holland" |
Photo by Alan Samiljan (Image rights)
- McKeown, James M. and Joan C. McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras, 12th Edition, 2005-2006. USA, Centennial Photo Service, 2004. ISBN 0-931838-40-1 (hardcover). ISBN 0-931838-41-X (softcover). p913.
- Errtee ferrotype button camera sold at the second/third Westlicht Photographica auction, in May 2003.
- Errtee button camera in the highlights of the Photographica and Film auction by Auction Team Breker on 21 March 2009.
- Errtee button camera with a pack of a hundred 25-mm button plates, sold at the Photographica and Film auction] by Breker on 26 March 2011.
- Räderkanone (wheeled cannon) ferrotype button camera, at George Eastman Museum.
- Velophot street camera with Romain Talbot 16.5 cm f/6.8 Lampro Doppel-Anastigmat, sold at the auction Photographica 12 by Rahn AG, on 9 May 2010.
- British Journal of Photography Almanac, 1910 Obituaries page, reproduced at Notes on Photographs (by George Eastman House).
- Advertisement for Errtee snow-chains in Taki Steve's Flickr stream.
- 1904 Advertisement for Morrow bicycle hub-brakes by Romain Talbot of Holborn Viaduct in London, at Grace's Guide.
- French Patent 360887, Bandages pneumatiques pour cycles à jantes en bois (pneumatic tyres for wooden-rimmed cycles), filed December 1905 and granted March 1906 to Romain Talbot personally; at Espacenet, the patent search facility of the European Patent Office.
- German Patent 329679, Aus einem Stueck Blech gestanzter und gebogener Befestigungshaken als Ersatz fuer Hosenknöpfe (Fastening hooks to replace trouser buttons, made from one metal sheet, stamped and folded), filed December 1918 and granted November 1920 to the Romain Talbot company; at Espacenet.
- German Patent 328359, Trockenaufklebverfahren (dry sticking process), filed January 1919 and granted October 1920 to the Romain Talbot company, describing a method whereby a shellac-impregnated paper sheet is placed between two layers to be stuck together, and the layers are fused together in a heated press; at Espacenet.