|photography related industry in Rochester (New York)|
|American Camera | Bausch & Lomb | Blair | Century | Crown Optical Co. | Elgeet | Folmer & Schwing | Gassner and Marx | Graflex | Gundlach | Ilex | JML | Kodak | Milburn | Monroe | PMC | Ray | Reichenbach, Morey and Will | Rochester Camera and Supply Co. | Rochester Optical Co. | Seneca | Sunart | Walker | Webster Industries | Wollensak|
|and in Rochester (Minnesota)|
| graflex.org - Rudolf Kingslake's|
"Optical industry in Rochester (N.Y.)"
Rudolf Kingslake (born as Rudolf Klickmann on August 28th 1903 in London; died February 28th 2003 in Rochester, New York) was an optics engineer. He had studied technical optics. He worked for Sir Howard Grubb, Parsons and Co. and International Standard Electric before he was called to teach as professor at the University of Rochester, at the new optics faculty founded by B & L and Kodak (1929). In 1937 he became chief lens designer of Kodak. He retired in 1969 but continued to teach at the University. He was editor of Applied Optics and Optical Engineering.
- Applied Optics and Optical Engineering, 1958
- Lenses in Photography: The Practical Guide to Optics for Photographers, Garden City 1951, New York, Barnes 1963
- Optical Systems Design, Academic Press 1983
- Lens Design Fundamentals, Academic Press 1978, 2nd edition together with R. Barry Johnson, Academic Press 2010
- A History of the Photographic Lens, Academic Press 1989
- Optics in Photography, SPIE Optical Engineering Press 1992
- together with Hilda Kingslake von Conrady: Applied Optics and Optical Design, Vol. 2, Dover 1960 (1st Vol. published in 1929, new edition in Dover 1957)