|photography related industry in Rochester (New York)|
|American Camera | Bausch & Lomb | Blair | Century | Crown Optical Co. | Elgeet | Folmer & Schwing | Gassner and Marx | Graflex | Gundlach | Ilex | JML | Kodak | Milburn | Monroe | PMC | Ray | Reichenbach, Morey and Will | Rochester Camera and Supply Co. | Rochester Optical Co. | Rochester Panoramic Camera Co. | Seneca | Sunart | Walker | Webster Industries | Wollensak|
|and in Rochester (Minnesota)|
|graflex.org - Rudolf Kingslake's|
"Optical industry in Rochester (N.Y.)"
- Rochester is a big city in the state of New York, USA. Since 1880 it became one of the centre's of the world's optical industry. A lot of American optical companies were or are based there.
- Rochester is a city in Minnesota. At least one renowned camera maker was based there.
At least two US companies were called Rochester in the late XIXth century:
- Rochester Optical Co. and
- Rochester Camera Mfg. Co., later Rochester Camera and Supply Co.
These were merged together in 1899 into Rochester Optical and Camera Co., which was taken over by Kodak in 1903.
- Georges Eastman House in Rochester at www.vieilalbum.com