User talk:Joerg Krueger
|This is the discussion page for Joerg Krueger.
Welcome to Camera-Wiki.org!
Thanks for creating an account here on Camera-Wiki.org! We appreciate your willingness to help us create the most comprehensive camera and photography encyclopedia on the web. Camera-Wiki.org is a big website, so we'd like to offer a few quick pointers to help get you started.
You also have a profile page that you can edit to tell us more about yourself if you'd like. It's purely optional but it's always nice to get to know another camera lover.
This website uses software called Mediawiki that's also used by WikiPedia. If you already know how to use and edit WikiPedia, you'll feel right at home here. If not, we have special page where you can learn to edit, called the Sandbox. It's a place where you try things out and experiment with no worries of breaking anything.
Where to find answers:
Where to ask questions:
How you can help:
- Start improving or adding articles!
- Check our ToDo list for something you'd like to do
- Post photos of your camera gear on Flickr and add them to the Camera-Wiki.org Flickr group
- Make a donation to help us pay for hosting
A Human Welcome !
Thanks for joining us !
Camera-Wiki is always on the look-out for editors who will share their knowledge about cameras !
If you have any questions about editing you can always contact one of the Administrators for help.
These administrators regularly watch the Recent Changes Page so it is always a good idea to give a short description about your edit in the Summary field just underneath the Edit field. Any text you give there is visible on that Recent Changes page.
Best Regards and Happy Editing,
thanks for all your edits
The first camera photo I added from you was for the Fujica DL-20 in June 2014. Thanks for all your edits to the Foto-Quelle section. Every little bit helps, especially in identification of equivalent models. This is the first step, knowing that a model exist.--Tkmedia (talk) 19:53, 17 January 2016 (CST)
- Expect some more :) BTW, is there a common approach to handle camera variants or re-branded cameras? An extra page for every variant, or better an overview or hint on the page of the origin camera? --Joerg Krueger (talk) 12:49, 19 January 2016 (CST)
- There is no "common approach". The best thing to do IMO is to have a page for each camera. I would also put bits of variant information on each. This is because not every camera variant is always known, and there are sometime more knowledge from the editors perspective on the variant compared to the origin. A number cameras it's also hard to tell which one is the origin.--Tkmedia (talk) 18:42, 19 January 2016 (CST)