Topcon RM 300
|Topcon RM 300|
image by Jim Skinner (Image rights)
The Topcon RM 300 is a manual focus 35mm SLR from Tōkyō Kōgaku, made by Cima Kōgaku. The body has the same features of the RE 300, but uses Pentax's K mount type lenses instead of Exakta lenses. The RM 300 is the last camera released under the Topcon brand name. The Topcon AM-1 was announced but never released by Tokyo Kogaku. Thought it was later completed and released as the Cimko LS-1. There are many other cameras based on this same body including:
- Quantaray D2-RZ or Delta 2- RZ distributed in the US at Ritz Camera retail stores.
- Carena KSM1 distributed by Porst shops in Germany.
- Exakta KE 5
- Edixa CX 5
- Rony RS1, Rony was the French importer of Topcon.
Tōkyō Kōgaku tried to regain market shares by using the Pentax K-mount, an in Cima Kōgaku they had a production partner capable to produce standard lenses for different lens mounts including the K-mount.
|Carena KSM 1|
image by nippoletano (Image rights)
|Edixa CX 5|
image by l'artemisia (Image rights)
- Topcon RM300 manual in multiple language PDF format from OrphanCameras.com
- Quantaray D2-RZ at eBay auction #183916405980, archived at the Wayback Machine