|Black finish GR1|
image by Yong Xu (Image rights)
The Ricoh GR1 is a high end 35m camera introduced in 1996, it received the 1997 TIPA award for best 35mm Compact Camera. The appearance is similar to that of Ricoh R1 which was more a low/mid range compact camera, the GR1 was aimed at the higher end of the consumer market. The GR1 saw many revisions, GR1 Date, GR1s, GR1v, GR21 and were only available in a silver or black finish. The GR1 finally evolved into the digital age with the introduction of the GR Digital in 2005, which are very similar in design.
| Silver finish GR1|
image by Bertalan Voros (Image rights)
image by David Donnadieu (Image rights)
- Lens: GR Lens 28mm f/2.8 (7 elements, 4 groups)
- Focusing: Autofocus multi-subject
- Shutter Speeds: Electronic shutter - 2 to 1/500 second.
- Exposure Control: Aperture Priority Mode, Program Mode
- Film Speeds: ISO25 to ISO3200 (DX)
- Batteries: 1x CR2
- Size: 117mm x 61mm x 26,5mm (Grip: 34mm)
- Weight: 175gr