F. Deckel was a German company based in Munich. It was founded in 1903 by the mechanic Friedrich Deckel and the inventor Christian Bruns as Bruns & Deckel. In 1905 Bruns left the company. In its earliest years it launched its famous leaf shutters. Then it started making machine tools and injection pumps. With its Compur shutter it became the leading maker of leaf shutters. In 1952 the company had 3000 employees. At the end of the 1950s its production focused on machine tools. In 1994 it ended in bankruptcy.
|Camera industry in Munich|
|Agfa | Deckel | Eder | Enna | Friedrich | Kilfitt | Leitmeyr | Linhof | Niezoldi & Krämer | Perka | Rex | Rietzschel | Staeble | Steinheil|