image by Marino M. (Image rights)
The differences between the FTb and TX are:-
- The TX has a centre-weighted averaging light meter, rather than the 12% partial metering of the FTb.
- There is no metering switch, or battery check, and the meter appears to be constantly active.
- The camera's stop-down lever, cannot be locked in the stopped-down position. It resembles a self-timer, but there is no self-timer function.
- The horizontal-travel cloth focal-plane shutter has a lower top speed of 1/500th.
- There is a hot shoe and single auto-switching FP and X flash sync PC terminal.
- There is no Quick Load system, where the film is placed across the take-up spool and the back closed.
- There is no mirror lock-up.
- The shutter release is not lockable.
- Canon TX manual (PDF) from Mike Butkus's OrphanCameras.com
- Canon Camera Museum's Canon TX entry
- Canon TX sample photos at pbase.com