|This is the discussion page for Titrisol.
Welcome to Camera-Wiki.org!
Thanks for creating an account here on Camera-Wiki.org! We appreciate your willingness to help us create the most comprehensive camera and photography encyclopedia on the web. Camera-Wiki.org is a big website, so we'd like to offer a few quick pointers to help get you started.
You also have a profile page that you can edit to tell us more about yourself if you'd like. It's purely optional but it's always nice to get to know another camera lover.
This website uses software called Mediawiki that's also used by WikiPedia. If you already know how to use and edit WikiPedia, you'll feel right at home here. If not, we have special page where you can learn to edit, called the Sandbox. It's a place where you try things out and experiment with no worries of breaking anything.
Where to find answers:
Where to ask questions:
How you can help:
- Start improving or adding articles!
- Check our ToDo list for something you'd like to do
- Post photos of your camera gear on Flickr and add them to the Camera-Wiki.org Flickr group
- Make a donation to help us pay for hosting
Hi Titrisol, I saw you created the "Development" page. What do you think about adding a paragraph with a list of laboratories (we could link the OpenStreetMap location as well) that still develop film? We could add services, prices, notes ecc. Something like:
- Magnolia Film Lab (Tbilisi, Georgia) - Develop and scan, no prints. Sell cameras and film.
- RTP fotografia (Turin, Italy) - Develop, scan and print. Sell film.
let me know if you like the idea :)
- Thanks Ivan, Great Idea!!! I'm still working on the page so all we have to do is add a section for it
- The only thing that worries me is trying to be exhaustive, considering the whole world
- so let's do it open to all other memebers to keep adding/deleting??? Titrisol (talk) 12:09, 14 December 2022 (UTC)
- Sure! I added two new labs and added the location links to the USA ones. I also put them in alphabetical order (of country), when there are more labs of the same country (such in USA) I used the city names for the alphabetical order. If other contributors will like the idea and the list will grow too much, we could think about a separate wiki page. But I think that for the moment a paragraph is enough. Now that I think about it we should only write infos about scan and/or print (and not "develop"), since it's implied for a laboratory under the development page. --Ivanbranco (talk) 13:05, 14 December 2022 (UTC)
- Only start this if you can personally commit to keeping it complete and updated. The wiki generally doesn't involve enough people to be able to guarantee timely attention to a topic like this that requires regular updating. The coverage of new camera introductions is patchy enough! --Vox (talk) 14:50, 14 December 2022 (UTC)