Super Duplex 120
The Super Duplex 120 is a dual-lens camera for 24 stereo pairs of 24 mm-square images on 120 film. It was made by Industria Scientifica Ottica S.R.L. (ISO) in Milan, Italy, from about 1956. It has a pair of ISO Iriar 35mm f/3.5 lenses in shutters with six speeds from 1/10 - 1/200 second, plus 'P' ('posa': 'B' shutter). It has a reverse-Galilean viewfinder at the top, under which is engraved the name. Below this is a focusing wheel operating on both lenses, and behind this the shutter cocking lever. Two small knobs below the lenses set the shutter speed and aperture. There are separate PC sockets, for M- and X-synchronisation, on the right side of the camera.
The film runs vertically, with the supply spool at the bottom of the camera. The film is advanced with a winding knob and red windows (two of them). These show the numbers 1-12; each frame number must be wound into the lower window for one exposure, then the upper one for the next. There is an interlock to prevent double exposures.
Later models of the camera have a lever on the user's right to switch between single and stereo frames (all this control does is to disable the double-exposure prevention interlock, and one of the lenses must be capped, allowing a single 24×24 mm frame to be exposed; another single exposure can then be made by capping the other lens).
The camera has a tripod bush, but requires an adapter (as shown on one of the examples linked below) to take a cable release.
- McKeown, James M. and Joan C. McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras, 12th Edition, 2005-2006. USA, Centennial Photo Service, 2004. ISBN 0-931838-40-1 (hardcover). ISBN 0-931838-41-X (softcover). p.449.
- Super Duplex 120 at Photo-stereo (archived at archive.org in 2019): text in French, with several pictures of the camera and user's review of it.
- Super Duplex 120 user manual (in Italian) at Butkus.org
- Super Duplex 120 (model without the single/stereo lever), with a stereo viewer also by ISO; a lot in an auction in October 2005 by Auction Team Breker in Cologne.
- Super Duplex 120 (with the single/stereo lever) with a pistol grip also by ISO, and stereo viewer by another maker; a lot in an auction in May 2006 by Auction Team Breker in Cologne.
- Super Duplex 120 fitted with a cable release adapter; a lot in an auction in November 2010 by Rahn AG in Frankfurt.
- Auction sales by Westlicht Photographica Auction (now Leitz Photographica Auction):
- Super Duplex 120 with accessories: tele- and wide-angle auxiliary lenses and corresponding wire-frame finders, pistol grip, flash bracket and cable release; sold at the fourth Photographica auction on 22 November 2003.
- Super Duplex 120 outfit: camera, leather case, flash bracket, stereo viewer, film mounting press and both card and plastic mounts; sold at the eighteenth auction, on 4 December 2010.
- Super Duplex 120 at Sylvain Halgand's Collection Appareils; several views of the model without single/stereo lever, including a view of the film chamber.
- Grenier-Natkin catalogue page, 1978, showing the Super Duplex (in French), also at Collection Appareils.
- ISO Super Duplex 120 at Fotocamere Italiane 1946-1964 (in Italian)