Olympus 35 RC
|Olympus 35 RC|
Date of Production: 1970
Type of Camera: Rangefinder
Film Type: 35mm
Shutter speed range: 1/15-1/500th + B
Focus areas: 1m-Infinity
ASA/ISO range: 25-800
Filter thread: 43.5mm
Introduced in 1970 , the Olympus 35 RC has a Zuiko 42mm f/2.8 lens, and shutter-priority auto-exposure. During the 1970s, Japanese firms introduced numerous small, fixed-lens rangefinder cameras; but the 35 RC competed well through a combination of good features and small size .
- Shutter: Olympus, 1/500, 1/250, 1/125, 1/60, 1/30, 1/15 and Bulb
- Focusing: Double image coupled rangefinder, range 0.9m to infinity.
- Exposure Control:
- Auto - Shutter speed priority (except B) with shutter release lock for insufficient exposure.
- Manual - Shutter speed and f/stop manually selected.
- Supported ISO range: 25-800 ASA
- Power: PX625 or equivalent 1.35V mercury cell
- Nowadays use the Wein PX625 zinc-air replacement in it's place
- Flash: Hot shoe with X sync at all speeds
- Self-Timer: About 10 sec. delay
- Dimensions: 109x70x50mm
- Filter Mount: Olympus 43.5mm screw-in type
- Weight: 410g
- Olympus 35 RC review at Ken Rockwell
- Repair notes about the 35 RC
- Andrew Yue's excellent summary about the 35 RC
- Matt Denton's overview of the 35 RC
- Steven Gandy's overview of the 35 RC at Cameraquest
|Olympus Classic Cameras|
|Semi | Semi II | Six | Chrome Six | Flex | Standard | 35 | Ace | Pen | Pen F | FTL | OM-1/2/3/4 | OM-10/20/30/40 | Trip | µ (mju:) | XA|