The Neuheil is a leaf shutter made by the Japanese company Neumann & Heilemann from about 1932. It is everset and has three shutter blades. It seems to exist only in #0 size. The name "Neuheil" is a contraction of Neumann & Heilemann.
The Neuheil was made in three versions: Neuheil A (1–150, B, T), Neuheil B (5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 150, B, T) and Neuheil D (25, 50, 100, 150, B, T). It is said that the 5–150 version was released first.
On all the known examples, the shutter plate is black and is marked Neuheil at the bottom. The aperture scale consists of a separate crescent-shaped plate screwed to the bottom. At least one Neuheil B, perhaps an early one, has Optik & Feinmechanik and JAP. PAT. APPL. FOR in small characters at the top of the shutter plate, and has no NH logo. All the other known Neuheil shutters have NEUMANN & HEILEMANN and PATENTS PENDING instead, and have the NH logo of the company on the right.
List of cameras equipped (not all the versions have a Neuheil shutter):
- Arcadia (5–150 observed on an isolated example, with the early shutter plate)
- Weha Light (5–150 and 25–150 observed, Neuheil A and B advertised)
- Weha Idea (Neuheil A and B advertised)
- Semi Proud (5–150 observed on an isolated example)
- Date: Tanimura, p.97 of Kurashikku Kamera Senka no.12.
- Three blades: Tanimura, p.97 of Kurashikku Kamera Senka no.12.
- Version names: Tanimura, p.97 of Kurashikku Kamera Senka no.12.
- Released first: Tanimura, p.97 of Kurashikku Kamera Senka no.12.
- Shutter pictured in Andō, Camera Collectors' News no.127, and in Tanimura, p.97 of Kurashikku Kamera Senka no.12. This shutter is wrongly said to have 5–200 speeds in Andō, p.1 of Camera Collectors' News p.127.
- Examples observed in online auctions on Weha plate folders.
- Andō Yoshinobu (安藤嘉信). "Arukadia no nazo" (アルカデリアの謎, Arcadia mystery). In Camera Collectors' News no.127 (January 1988). Nishinomiya: Camera Collectors News-sha.
- Tanimura Yoshihiko (谷村吉彦). "Neumann & Heilemann: kieta ashiato, Minoruta setsuritsu to sono ato no karera wo otte" (Neumann & Heilemann 消えた足跡・ミノルタ設立とその後の彼等を追って, On the traces of Neumann & Heilemann at the founding of Minolta and afterwards.) Kamera Rebyū: Kurashikku Kamera Senka (カメラレビュー クラシックカメラ専科) / Camera Review: All about Historical Cameras no.12, October 1988. No ISBN number. Minoruta kamera no subete (ミノルタカメラのすべて, special issue on Minolta). Pp.96–9.