Canon New F-1
|Canon New F-1, with AE FN Finder
image by Carlos Santisteban (Image rights)
The New F-1 was a complete reworking of Canon's professional camera model, while still keeping to the design principles of the original F-1.
For the Los Angeles Olympic games of 1984, to which Canon was a major sponsor, a special edition of this camera was issued with a matt black finish, the engraved letters filled with corn-yellow paint. A special carrying strap was also supplied, but no special lens was offered. It is generally known as the Canon F-1N L.A.
|Olympic Limited Edition 1984
image by P. J. Photography (Image rights)
- Canon New F-1 page at the Canon Camera Museum
- November, 1981, launch advertising in Modern Photography magazine (Vol. 45, No. 11; pages 45–48)
- A very comprehensive article about the F-1 (in german) (archived)
- New F-1 opinion at Modern Classics
- Canon New F-1 High Speed Motor Drive Camera
- Canon F1 New at Sylvain Halgand's www.collection-appareils.fr (in French)