Three Selectronic SLRs featuring the K mount were introduced in 1980. Their Agfa-branded lenses, as well as the cameras themselves, were in fact manufactured by Chinon. The main differences between these cameras and their Chinon originals were the Agfa-typical Sensor shutter release button and a more modern design provided by Schlagheck & Schultes.
The Selectronic 3 was the top of the range, and its specification is similar, but not identical to its Chinon relative; the CE-4.
- Lens mount: Pentax K bayonet.
- Viewfinder: Pentaprism with central split image, micro-prism collar and ground glass. 16 LED's indicate shutter speeds and over/under exposure. Magnification: 0.87 x with 50mm lens set at infinity. Viewfinder coverage 92%. DOF by depressing depth of field lever.
- Shutter: Seiko MFC electromagnetic metal blade focal plane shutter with vertical travel. Step-less speeds from 8 to 1/1000 sec. on automatic; 14 conventional speeds from 8 to 1/1000th, sec. on manual, + "B". Both automatic and manual speeds electronically controlled. Two stage electromagnetic shutter release (first activates the meter) with safety lock and separate provision for cable release. Electronically controlled self-timer at 5 or 10 seconds with front-of-camera flashing red LED indicator. Two seconds before exposure, flashing frequency of red LED increases. Self-timer can be cancelled even after system has been activated.
- Meter: TTL, centre-weighted averaging metering at full aperture using SPD (Silicon Photo Diode) cell. Half way depression of shutter release activates metering system.
- Exposure: Auto aperture priority, or match-the-LED manual exposure (where the camera suggested speed LED is lit, and the user selected speed flashes).
- Film Speed: 25 to 3200 ASA.
- Flash: Standard X-synch hot shoe at 1/60th
- Film Advance: Single stroke in an arc of 130° with 25° stand off. Coupling for motorized film advance with Chinon Power Winder. Multiple Exposure switch disengages film advance and frame counter.
- Size: 135.5 X 85 X 50.5mm (W x H x D).
- Battery: Three 1.5V Alkaline batteries (LR44) or 1.5V silver oxide batteries (SR44). Battery test with LED indicator.