Agfa Futura Af zoom
|image by Uwe Kulick (Image rights)|
The Agfa Futura Af zoom is a simple compact autofocus zoom camera made for Agfa-Gevaert AG Leverkusen (Germany). A similar camera, the ZM82AE, is offered by Haking, most probably the original manufacturer. It offers shutter speeds up to 1/250 sec. and 4-stage autofocus. It has a powerful built-in flash. With cameras like this, film makers such as Agfa hoped to increase the sale of their APS film. The camera was sold in a nice archive box with room for 30 rolls of APS film.
- Lens: 1:5.8 - 1:8.9/25 - 50mm zoom (4-element glass)
- Focus: active 4-stage infrared autofocus
- Film: APS film
- Exposure: controlled automatically by CdS cell
- Shutter: program-controlled electronic shutter with speeds 1.5 sec. - 1/250 sec.
- Viewfinder: real image zooming optical viewfinder with masks to show print format
- Flash: maximum range 7.2 meters with ISO 400 film and lens in wide-angle position
- weight: 190 g without CR-2 battery
- Dimensions 112 x 62 x 37 mm
- APS extra: PQI data storage