Ōki Kōgaku Seiki Seisaku-sho (大木光学精機製作所, i.e. "Ōki precision machinery factory") was a Japanese company based in Tokyo, Arakawa. It was the producer of two cameras during the Second World War, the Oko Six and Oko Semi. It probably made the four-element Oko or Okor lenses mounted on these cameras. It also made Hildar and Oscar lenses for the Semi Rosen U and Primo distributed by Ōsawa Shōkai.
List of cameras
List of lenses
- Hildar 75/4.5 on the Semi Rosen U, also reported on an example of the Semi Lucky
- Hildar 75/3.5 on the Semi Rosen U
- Oscar 75/4.5 on the Primo I
- Oscar 75/3.5 on the Primo II
- Okor (or Oko) 75/3.5 on the Oko Six and Oko Semi
- Its address in 1943 was Tōkyō-to Arakawa-ku Ogu-chō 3–2069 (東京都荒川区尾久町3–2069). Source: "Kokusan shashinki no genjōchōsa" ("Inquiry into Japanese cameras"), listing the Japanese camera production as of April 1943.
- Semi Lucky example pictured in McKeown, p. 572.
- "Kokusan shashinki no genjōchōsa" ("Inquiry into Japanese cameras"), lens items Lb27, Lb28, Lc6 and Lc7. In the document, the maker's name is missing for the Oscar 75/3.5, but it was surely made by Ōki too.
- Advertisements reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.61.
- Advertisement in Asahi Camera December 1936, p.A107.
- Asahi Camera. Advertisement by Misuzu Shōkai in December 1936, p.A107.
- Asahi Camera (アサヒカメラ) editorial staff. Shōwa 10–40nen kōkoku ni miru kokusan kamera no rekishi (昭和10–40年広告にみる国産カメラの歴史, Japanese camera history as seen in advertisements, 1935–1965). Tokyo: Asahi Shinbunsha, 1994. ISBN 4-02-330312-7.
- "Kokusan shashinki no genjōchōsa" (国産写真機ノ現状調査, Inquiry into Japanese cameras), listing Japanese camera production as of April 1943. Reproduced in Supuringu kamera de ikou: Zen 69 kishu no shōkai to tsukaikata (スプリングカメラでいこう: 全69機種の紹介と使い方, Let's try spring cameras: Presentation and use of 69 machines). Tokyo: Shashinkogyo Syuppan-sha, 2004. ISBN 4-87956-072-3. Pp.180–7.
- McKeown, James M. and Joan C. McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras, 12th Edition, 2005-2006. USA, Centennial Photo Service, 2004. ISBN 0-931838-40-1 (hardcover). ISBN 0-931838-41-X (softcover).