The Chinon CE-3 Memotron is a 35mm electronic SLR camera made by Chinon and introduced c.1978 as the last in the Chinon CE Memotron series. It's among the small number of 42mm screwmount cameras to offer aperture-priority autoexposure. One change from the CE II version is a switch to a more common and easy-to-find battery type.
The CE-3 was also sold under the name of Revueflex AC1 and some other brand names.
- Battery: 3v, two silver oxide 1.5v, eg.G13/S76, (accepts lithium Kodak K58L or two alkaline, eg. LR44)
- Battery check: green LED on the eye-piece frame, in Auto mode turns on when half way pressing of the shutter release, if battery OK
- Lens: Chinon Auto, 55mm f/1.4 (Standard lens), Multi-coated, M42 mount, w/ Manual and Auto lens settings feature, filter thread 55 mm, Aperture: f/1.4-f/16
- Do not change the lens when the camera is on
- Shutter: Seiko MFC-ES, stepless electromagnetic focal plane metal shutter, verticaly travelling
- Shutter Speeds: Auto: 4 to 1/1000. Manual: B, X, 4 to 1/1000. Mechanical: 1/100s (for flash sync).
- Without batteries only the X and B settings operate
- Self-timer: 7-12 seconds.
- Viewfinder: SLR pentaprism, Speeds Scale and Exposure Indicator Needle are visible in it
- Eye-piece blind feature: a lid closes by a small lever, just left to the prism
- Exposure meter: TTL CdS meter, two cells, centre weighted, aperture priority automatic exposure control
- Film speed range: ISO 25-3200.
- Auto exposure range: EV 1-18, at 100 ASA
- Auto Exposure compensation feature: -1/2x to +2x EV, 1/3 F-stop increments
- Metering is possible in Auto and Manual modes
- AE Memory Button (Memotron): for holding the metered exposure in memory, on the lower left side of the lens mount, for this: in Auto mode, depress the shutter in half-way for metering then press and lock the Memory Button, then release the shutter after recomposing
- External motor drive socket and connections: on the bottom plate
- Chinon Power Winder is a sophisticated device, employs a special computer memory chip, and has many functions: Single and Continuous frame modes, Pre-set exposure counter (up-to 24 frames), Interval timer (up-to 30 seconds intervals between exposures), on/off switch and LEDs.
- Body Dimensions: 140×88×50mm.
- Body Weight: 620g.