Asanuma Shashinki-ten (浅沼写真機店) was a Japanese distributor in the late 1920s and 1930s, based in the Marunouchi Building in Tokyo. In the mid-1930s, the company advertised Leica cameras. In the second half of the 1930s, it was distributing photographic products under the Leiket brand, sometimes displaying KAPPA markings. It seems that this company was not related to Asanuma Shōkai, but this is not known for sure.
|Advertisement by Asanuma Shashinki-ten for Leica cameras in Shashin Salon January 1934. (Image rights)||Advertisement by Asanuma Shashinki-ten in Asahi Camera July 1936, with many copies of German accessories. (Image rights)|
The company sold a number of copies of German accessories in the second half of the 1930s:
- prism finder, copy of the Leica AUFSU
- angle finder for Contax I, copy of the Zeiss 436/3
- copies of the Rolleipar and Rollei Proxar
- filters and hoods for the Rollei
- Leiket close-up lenses
- Leiket filters
- Leiket hoods
- repro stands
- flash guns
- release cables
- ever-ready cases
- 35mm film cassettes
- Leiket enlarger
- Leiket 75/4.5 enlarging lens
- Leiket darkroom accessories
- Advertisements in Asahi Camera September 1929 (p.A15) and February 1930 (p.A15); advertisement in Shashin Salon January 1934; advertisement in Asahi Camera July 1936, p.A31; advertisement on p.8 of Nihon Shashin Kōgyō Tsūshin, December 15, 1939, reproduced on p.42 of Hyaku-gō goto jūkai no kiroku.
- Advertisement in Shashin Salon January 1934.
- Advertisement in Asahi Camera July 1936, p.A31.
- Advertisement on p.8 of Nihon Shashin Kōgyō Tsūshin, December 15, 1939, reproduced on p.42 of Hyaku-gō goto jūkai no kiroku.
- The February 1930 issue of Asahi Camera contains both an advertisement by Asanuma Shōkai on p.A3 and an advertisement by Asanuma Shashinki-ten on p.A15. Asanuma is a Japanese family name, and the existence of two different Asanuma companies is not implausible.
- The new products column of Asahi Camera February 1936, p.330, features a Japanese copy of the Zeiss 436/5 prism finder, sold at ¥18. The document does not mention a company name, but this was perhaps another product by Asanuma Shashinki-ten.
- Asahi Camera February 1936. "Atarashii kikai to zairyō" (新しい機械と材料, New equipment and machinery). P.330.
- Asahi Camera. Advertisements by Asanuma Shashinki-ten:
- September 1929, p.A15;
- February 1930, p.A15;
- July 1936, p.A31.
- Nihon Shashin Kōgyō Tsūshin (日本写真興業通信). Hyaku-gō goto jūkai no kiroku (百号ごと十回の記録, Ten records, every hundred issues). Tokyo: Nihon Shashin Kōgyō Tsūshin Sha (日本写真興業通信社), 1967. No ISBN number. Advertisement by Asanuma Shashinki-ten on p.42, corresponding to p.8 of the December 15, 1939 issue.
- Shashin Salon. Advertisement by Asanuma Shashinki-ten in January 1934, no page number.