Yashica Electro 35 GSN
The Electro 35 GSN is a 35mm rangefinder camera released from Yashica of Japan in 1973. It is the silver chrome version of the Electro 35 GTN. Both cameras represent the fourth and last generation of the Yashica Electro 35 series and update the previous Electro 35GT and Electro 35GS, respectively. Main improvement is the addition of a hot shoe.
For more specifications and details see the series page.
Yashica Electro 35 GSN Kit
Yashica sold the Electro 35 GSN in kit form in addition to selling just the supplementary wide and telephoto lenses as separate items.
The kit did not not seem to sell in large numbers and today complete kits are very rare.
The content of the kit was :
- Yashica Electro 35 GSN camera
- Telephoto supplementary lens
- Wide angle supplementary lens
- Viewfinder that fitted the accessory shoe and provided field of view for the supplementary lenses
- Two glass filters
- Metal lens hood
- Cable release
- Mini tripod ( marked Yashica but made in Germany ! )
The complete kit packed into a smart fitted case that contained extra slots to carry several film cassettes.
|Complete Kit and Case|
image by Dave Dockerill (Image rights)
|Fitted with tele attachment
and Yashica mini tripod
Yashica Electro 35
- Back to the Yashica Electro 35 series
- The Yashica Guy's chronology
- Karen Nakamura's overview at Photoethnography
- Matt Denton's overview
- Yann L'hostis' summary (in French, includes shutter sound sample)
- Article by M. Feuerbacher
- Leland So's Yashica Electro 35 GSN overview with sample pictures
- Lionel's Yashica Electro 35 GSN overview and instruction manual at 35mm-compact.com
- Electro 35 GSN on www.collection-appareils.com by Sylvain Halgand (in French)
- Electro 35 GSN User manual at Butkus.org