Yashica 107 MP
image by Romuald Swieconek (Image rights)
The Yashica 107 MP also known as Yashica 107 Multi Program, Yashica TR7000 MP or simply Yashica 107 is a 35mm SLR camera manufactured by Kyocera. The 107 body was also used for the Dental Eye II. A version marked Daewoo 107 Multi Program, and Foto-Quelle's Revue AC7 was also available.
It uses the Contax/Yashica mount or C/Y mount. There are five program modes. Program auto, HP: hi-speed program auto, LP: low-speed program, manual exposure and X: manual flash exposure. The shutter release is electronic but includes a standard release socket by the film rewind knob. After all exposures on the roll are exhausted, the camera will stop, to rewind press the button located on the base and use the film rewind knob.
Focusing is done manually, and aided with a horizontal split image spot including a microprism. The viewfinder provide 0.82x magnification, providing a nearly 92% field of view. In the finder, there are LED exposure confirmations, flash, P, and M. The flash lights up when fully charged, and in program mode blinks when shutter is slower than 1/30 a sec. The P lights in program modes, and blinks if settings need to be adjusted. The M lights up in manual mode. A handy backlight compensation button is also provided near the lens mount. It adds 1.5 EV to the exposure.
|Drive modes||single||single and continuous|
|Program auto exposure|
|Low-speed||N / A|
|N / A||Aperture priority|
|Under/over LED||No||Yes (in VF)|
|Battery||4x AAA||4x AA|
- Manufacturer: Kyocera, Japan
- Lens mount: Contax/Yashica or C/Y bayonet mount lenses
- Shutter: Vertical metal focal plane
- Shutter speed: auto: 16s to 1/2000 manual: 1 to 1/2000 and B
- Flash: X sync at 1/90 or slower
- Metering: TTL center weight with SPD sensor
- Metering range: 2 to 19 EV (100 ISO)
- Film speed: Auto DX 25 to 3200 ISO, non-DX 100 ISO
- Self timer: electronic 10 sec.
- Batteries: 4x AAA battery
- Weight: about 500g
- Dimensions: 149 x 93 x 52 mm