This model added chromed top and bottom plates for a more substantial appearance than the earlier model, which was entirely bakelite. The wind knobs are now positioned more conventionally on the top of the camera. Also, the earlier "variocoupled" shutter and aperture were abandoned, in favor of more conventional controls. The lens was an f/6.3 anastigmat, and the shutter offered a limited range of 1/25, 1/50, and 1/100 second exposures as well as T and B.
- A December 1947 advertisement from Popular Photography magazine (Vol. 21, No. 6; page 12) shows an identical-looking model branded as "Wirgin," by Camera Specialty Co. of New York.
|Interior of film compartment, showing|
altered model designation; "P" mold mark.
image by J. Adrian Wylie (Image rights)