Super Ikonta 533/16
|Super Ikonta BX 533/16 (prewar)|
image by Hubertus Bendi (Image rights)
The 533/16 is a folding camera in the Ikonta line, produced by the German company Zeiss Ikon.
It takes 12 size 6x6 cm images on 120 type rollfilm. The Super Ikonta's are equiped with coupled rangefinders.
It was generally sold under the name Super Ikonta II 6x6 cm BX and Super Ikonta II 21/4 x 21/4 BX
This Super Ikonta model has an automated film transport stop and counting mechanism. It is furthermore equiped with an uncoupled lightmeter.
- Production period : 1939 to 1955
- Format : 6 x 6 cm on 120 type rollfilm
- Known Lens/Shutter combinations (prewar):
Tessar 2.8/8.0 cm lens in a Compur-Rapid shutter
- Known Lens/Shutter combinations (postwar):
Tessar 2.8/80 mm lens in a Compur-Rapid or Synchro-Compur shutter
- Filter Size : ?
- Flash synchronisation (only postwar) : Socket on shutter, X-synchronisation. Synchro-Compur also M-synchronisation
- Selftimer : Yes
- Lighmeter system : Yes, uncoupled, Selenium meter
- Double exposure prevention : Yes
- Rangefinder : Coupled, rotating wedge. Window combined with viewfinder window.
- Viewfinder : reverse Galilean type, integrated in top cover
- Color Finish : Black with chrome ornaments
- Color Leatherette : Black
- Dimensions WxHxD : 147x114x48 mm (folded)
- Weight: 1110 grams
|Super Ikonta 533/16 (postwar)|
image by Philip McAllister (Image rights)
- Bernd K.Otto, Article "Die Entwicklung der Ikonta/Super Ikonta (1)" in the German magazine Photo Deal Nr.46 III/2004
- Bernd K.Otto, Article "Die Entwicklung der Ikonta/Super Ikonta (2)" in the German magazine Photo Deal Nr.47 IV/2004
- Zeiss Ikon brochure (Swedish) "tusen och ett motiv" 1945-4, page 9
- Zeiss Ikon brochure "Zeiss Ikon" (Dutch) from 1950, page 5
- Photo Porst Catalog (German) 1952, page 115