|Elettra II |
image by Foto Prisma (Image rights)
Sirio (S.I.R.I.O. - Società Industriale Ricerche Innovazioni Ottiche) was an Italian camera manufacturer based in Florence, Italy, and so their cameras were marked "Sirio Firenze". They made two 35mm models, beginning after the Second World War in 1945, but the company did not last long - estimated at making between 5000 and 7000 cameras altogether. The cameras were outwardly styled on early Leicas, but with a simple 4-speed + B (1/25-1/200) leaf shutter and a basic 4cm f/5.6 Sculptor lens.
- Sirio Elettra I (c.1945)
- Sirio Elettra II (c.1946)
- Elettra II sold at the 36th Leitz Photographica Auction, on 13 June 2020.
- Sirio Firenze at Oddity Cameras
- Sirio Elettora II at Fotocamere Italiane (Japanese)
- Sirio Firenze at Italian Cameras 1946-1964 (in italian)