image by René Maly (Image rights)
One great feature is the easily removable hot-mirror which can be flipped out by the removal of one screw. Without the hot-mirror the SD-10 has instantly become an infrared camera and can be used with IR filters for various effects. This makes it an interesting platform for creative photography.
Specifications directly from the manual:
- 13.8 x 20.7mm Foveon sensor (crop factor 1.7x)
- 3.42 million effective pixels
- RAW imaging
- viewfinder coverage 98%x97%
- viewfinder magnification 0.77x
- diopter adjustment -3 to +1
- TTL phase difference AF
- metering range EV 1 to 20 with 1.4/50 lens at ISO100
- 8 segment metering system
- ISO range from 100 to 800 and 1600 in extended mode
- vertical travel metal plane shutter, electronically controlled
- shutter speeds at ISO 100-200 15sec. to 1/6000, at ISO 400-800 4sec to 1/6000
- in extended mode shutter speed handles 30sec.
- flash sync at 1/180sec
- 1.8" TFT screen 130,000 pixels
- power source 2x CR-V3 or 4x AA Ni-Mh
- dimensions: 152 (W)x 120(H)x 79(D) in mm's
- weight without batteries 785gr.
- CF type memory card