image by Kong Zi (Image rights)
A 120 format TLR camera released by the Chinese company Seagull, another copy of the Rolleiflex. The 4A-103 was a continuation of the Seagull 4A range, it introduced a fresnel screen and split prism focusing to the waist level view finder. Other improvements included a cold shoe flash mount and a quick opening/collapsing view finder. The loupe was moved to the front of the view finder housing, it is released by nudging the sports finder inwards, the previous model had a release button system.
- Viewing lens: 75mm f/2.8, 3 groups, 3 elements.
- Taking lens: 75mm f/3.5 , 3 groups, 3 elements.
- Shutter speeds range from 1s to 1/300s and B, flash sync to 300.
- Aperture scale: f/3.5 to f/22
- 6x6 viewfinder with loupe.
- M34x0.5 filter thread or 36mm slip-on hood.
- Dimensions: 102 x 102 x 146mm
- Weight: 975g