Rolleicord I Type 2
|Rolleicord I, type 2|
image by Adrian Gee (Image rights)
By using an optional Rolleikin 1 adapter 35mm film cartridges can be used.
There is also a Plate adapter available which gives one 6x6 image on a 6.5x9cm size glassplate.
The Rolleicord I was produced in 2 different models from 1933 till 1936.
This model, the Rolleicord I Type 2 ,also refered to as model 2, was produced from 1934 till 1936 by Franke & Heidecke.
Total production was about 25.519 units.
Main difference with the model 1, the Rolleicord I (Art Deco) is that the camera now is covered in black leatherette and that the taking lens has a larger aperture.
- Taking lens: Zeiss Triotar 1:3.8 f=7,5cm
- Viewing lens: Heidoscop-Anastigmat 1:4 f=7,5cm
- Shutter: Compur C00
- Shutter speed: 1 to 1/300 sec., T and B.
- Dimensions WxDxH: 85 x 90 x 135 mm
- Weight: 818 grams
- Claus Prochnow, Rollei Report 1, Braunschweig, Lindemanns Verlag, 1993, ISBN 3-89506-105-0.