|Goerz Roll-Tengor 6.5x11 cm c.1921|
image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)
The Roll Tengor is a range of folding-bed cameras made by Optische Anstalt C.P.Goerz AG. of Berlin from the early- to mid-1920s. The camera bodies are aluminium, with leather or leatherette covering. McKeown describes the Roll Tengor as a cheaper model of the Roll Tenax. It was made in several sizes: 4x6 cm (for 127 film), 6x9 cm (120 film) 6.5x11 cm (116 film), 8x10.5 cm and 8x14 cm. Plate adapters were available as accessories for all but the smallest camera.
The Roll Tengor was offered with several different Goerz lenses, including the f/9 Frontar, f/6.8 Tenaxiar and f/6.8 Kalostigmat. The shutter is either Goerz' own Automat three-speed everset shutter, a Pronto, or a Compur.
Most of the cameras have a brilliant finder, with attached bubble level, mounted centrally above the lens, as in the examples pictured here. McKeown shows the vest-pocket model with the finder mounted above and to the left of the lens.
Typical specifications (6.5x11 cm (116 film) camera)
- Lens: Symmetrical-doublet, 5 ins (127 mm) f/11, with aperture stops f/11-f/45
- Focusing: Bellows focusing, Focus range: 5-50 feet, (1.5-15 m) +inf
- Shutter: Goerz leaf shutter, speeds: 1/ 25, 1/50, 1/100, +B&T
- Viewfinder: Brilliant finder on top of the lens standard, turning 90 degrees left on its own axis for landscape pictures, w/ red sprit level
- Bellows: single-extension
- Other: Engraving on top of the camera: Goerz; 1/4 in tripod socket; Cable release socket; Removable back cover
- Body: Aluminium, Weight: 556 g
|Goerz Roll-Tengor 6.5x11cm c.1921 Images by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 McKeown, James M. and Joan C. McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras, 12th Edition, 2005-2006. USA, Centennial Photo Service, 2004. ISBN 0-931838-40-1 (hardcover). ISBN 0-931838-41-X (softcover). p356.
- Roll-Tengor at Sylvain Halgand's Collection Appareils (in French)
- Examples sold at auction by Westlicht Photographica Auction (now Leitz Photographica Auction):
- 6x9 cm Roll-Tengor serial no. 208215, with 10.5 cm f/6.8 Kalostigmat and Goerz Automat shutter, sold at the fifth auction, on 29 May 2004.
- 6.5x11 cm Roll-Tengor serial no. 196799, with f/11 Symmetrical Doublet, focusing in feet, and Automat shutter; also sold at the fifth Westlicht auction.