|Advertisement by Rokuwa in Ars Camera February 1949. (Image rights)|
K.K. Rokuwa (㈱六和, translated as Rokuwa Co., Ltd.) was a Japanese distributor, already active in 1949. Its headquarters were in Tokyo, Muromachi (室町), and it had a plant in Tachikawa (立川). In the 1950s, it also had addresses in Osaka, Fukuoka and Sapporo.
The company was perhaps called Rokuwa Shōji (六和商事) at the beginning of the 1950s.
The company was the owner of the brand Minori (みのり), and it sold the Minori film, Minori photographic products and Minoriflex 6×6 TLR. In the 1950s, it also used the Rocca brand for some cameras.
- Minoriflex (perhaps made by Rokuwa itself)
- Stereo Rocca
- Aram Six
|Minori accessory rangefinder|
image by Geoff Harrisson (Image rights)
- Minori accessory rangefinder
- Minori self-timer
Minori film was available in the mid-1950s in the following sizes:
- 120 size, short roll, 4 exposures in 6×9cm format
- 127 size, short roll, 4 exposures in 4×6.5cm format
- 35mm size, 20 exposures
- Bolta size, short roll, 12 exposures
- Mycro size, 10 exposures
- 8mm size for Lighter cameras, 10 exposures
- ↑ Advertisement in Ars Camera February 1949, p.29.
- ↑ Advertisement in Ars Camera February 1949, p.29. The address in Tokyo was Tōkyō-to Chūō-ku Nihonbashi Muromachi 3–1 Konishiroku Bldg. (東京都中央区日本橋室町3–1小西六ビル).
- ↑ Advertisements reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.214. The address in Osaka was Ōsaka-shi Minami-ku Junkeimachi-dōri 2–37 (大阪市南区順慶町通り2–37). The address in Tokyo was unchanged.
- ↑ Advertisement by Japan Photo Service dated March 1950, mentioning the Minoriflex, reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.193.
- ↑ Minori film and other products: advertisements for the Stereo Rocca reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.214.
- ↑ Item observed in an online auction, presumably sold by Rokuwa.
- ↑ See the Stereo Rocca instruction manual at stereoskopie.com.
- Ars Camera. Advertisement by Hinomaruya in February 1949 (p.29).
- Asahi Camera (アサヒカメラ) editorial staff. Shōwa 10–40nen kōkoku ni miru kokusan kamera no rekishi (昭和10–40年広告にみる国産カメラの歴史, Japanese camera history as seen in advertisements, 1935–1965). Tokyo: Asahi Shinbunsha, 1994. ISBN 4-02-330312-7.