This article is a stub. You can help Camera-wiki.org by expanding it.
Owla Kōki K.K. (アウラ光機㈱) was probably a Japanese camera maker. The Owla Stereo, made from 1956 to the early 1960s, is attributed to this company in various sources. This camera was first announced and advertised in 1956 as the Stereo Sankei by Sankei Kōki K.K. (サンケイ光機㈱), perhaps the earlier name of Owla Kōki. It is not known if Sankei Kōki is related to the magazine Sankei Camera, in which appears the advertisement for the Stereo Sankei. One source attributes the camera to "A.O. Kōkensha" (エーオー光研社), for an unknown reason.
Lenses called Owla are also known on cameras made by Toyohashi Tougodo, for example the Stereo Hit. They were perhaps made by the Owla company.
- ↑ Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.376 (Owla Kōki K.K.), McKeown, p.770 ("Owla Koki"), Sugiyama, item 6037 ("Owla Optical Co.").
- ↑ Advertisement reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.252.
- ↑ Takasaki, p.22 of Kurashikku Kamera Senka no.49.
- Asahi Camera (アサヒカメラ) editorial staff. Shōwa 10–40nen kōkoku ni miru kokusan kamera no rekishi (昭和10–40年広告にみる国産カメラの歴史, Japanese camera history as seen in advertisements, 1935–1965). Tokyo: Asahi Shinbunsha, 1994. ISBN 4-02-330312-7.
- McKeown, James M. and Joan C. McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras, 12th Edition, 2005-2006. USA, Centennial Photo Service, 2004. ISBN 0-931838-40-1 (hardcover). ISBN 0-931838-41-X (softcover).
- Shima Kazuya (島和也). "Sutereo kamera onparēdo" (ステレオカメラオンパレード, Stereo cameras on parade). Kamera Rebyū: Kurashikku Kamera Senka (カメラレビュー クラシックカメラ専科) / Camera Review: All about Historical Cameras no.27, December 1993. No ISBN number. Stereo World (ステレオワールド). Pp.21–5.
- Sugiyama, Kōichi (杉山浩一); Naoi, Hiroaki (直井浩明); Bullock, John R. The Collector's Guide to Japanese Cameras. 国産カメラ図鑑 (Kokusan kamera zukan). Tokyo: Asahi Sonorama, 1985. ISBN 4-257-03187-5.