The Nikon Coolpix 4300 is part of the Coolpix series of digital cameras announced by Nikon on Aug 29, 2002 and released on October 1, 2002.
- 4.0-megapixel CCD delivering image resolutions as high as 2,272 x 1,704 pixels.
- 1.5-inch color LCD display.
- Real-image optical viewfinder.
- 3x, 8-24mm zoom lens (equivalent to a 38-114mm lens on a 35mm camera).
- Two available lens apertures: f/2.8-4.9 or f/7.6-13.4 (depending on zoom position).
- 4x Digital zoom.
- Full Auto, Program AE, and Manual exposure modes, with 12 preset Scene modes available as well.
- Shutter speeds from 1/1,000 to eight seconds, with Bulb setting (maximum of 60 seconds).
- Built-in flash with five operating modes.
- 4 image quality modes including [Hi] mode (uncompressed TIFF)
- CompactFlash memory storage.
- Power supplied by lithium-ion battery pack (included with charger) or optional AC adapter.