Minox 35 GL
|Minox 35 GL|
image by Denny Narciso (Image rights)
The Minox 35 GL followed the Minox 35 EL in Minox's successful range of 35mm compact cameras, reputedly the smallest full-frame 35mm cameras ever made. The lens retracts into the camera body when closed, fully opening the cover activates the battery. Different models in the Minox 35 range were identified by shutter release buttons in differing colours: the GL is quickly identified by its orange shutter release button.
- Type 35mm compact camera
- Size 100 mm x 61 mm x 31 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight 200 grams (with battery)
- Image Format 24 x 36 mm (W x H)
- Lens Minox Color-Minotar, 35 mm f/2.8, no filter thread (proprietary filters simply push on).
- Diaphragm Leaf diaphragm, continuously adjustable f/2.8 to f/16.
- Focusing Manual scale focusing 3ft/0.9m - infinity.
- Shutter Speeds 1/500 second, longest speed dependent on film ISO, e.g. 15 seconds with 25 ISO, 1 second with 400 ISO.
- Viewfinder Direct finder with needle scale, markings for 1/500, 1/125, 1/30 second, shading to indicate over-exposure, and slow speed warning.
- Film Loading Manual, whole back slides off to load film.
- Film Transport Manual dual stroke lever.
- Flash Contact Hot shoe, X synchronised, automatic time switching to 1/90 second.
- Tripod Socket ¼ in.
- Battery PX 27
- Variations in Minox 35mm cameras and accessories and 35mm manuals brochure and advertisements
- Minox 35 Manuals
|Classic Compact Cameras|
|Canon IXUS | Minox 35 | Olympus XA | Penti|