Minolta Dynax 505si
|Maxxum HTsi Plus|
image by Michelangelo da Sistina (Image rights)
The Minolta Dynax 505si or Maxxum HTsi Plus is a simplified version of the Dynax 505si Super / Maxxum XTsi / α Sweet.
It removed the Eye Start focus and film leader out from the custom functions. It is also limited to two multiple exposures. The lens mount has also been changed from metal to plastic. This also reduces the weight making it 25g lighter.
It is the first of Minolta's SLR camera bodies with the combination of a central cross autofocus sensor with two vertically placed sensors. It was much lighter than its predecessor, the Dynax 500si but had a lot more features.
|note: plastic lens mount and lack of Eye Start on the base|
images by Mikel Adell (Image rights)
- Year of release: 1998
- Manufacturer: Minolta
- Type: autofocus SLR camera body
- Lens Mount: Minolta A-Lenses bayonet
- Film Format: 35mm
- ASA/ISO range: 25 to 5000 ASA DX-coded (6 to 6400 manually)
- Modes: 5 programmed modes, fully automatic mode, shutter preferred mode, aperture preferred mode, manual mode with support through viewfinder
- Exposure Metering: 14 field TTL measuring with Si photo diode, switchable to spot metering via central field, manual correction +-3EV
- Focusing: TTL phase-detecting autofocus based on 2 vertical AF-sensors and a central cross-sensor, switchable to manual focusing or single sensor usage
- Shutter: electronically controlled focal plane shutter with speeds 30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.
- Viewfinder: pentamirror showing 90% of image, plus additional info in LCD sector, micro prism focusing aid for manual fosusing
- Flash: guide number 12, controlled by second Si photo diode, serves in dim light as autofocus support light
- Weight: 350 g without Lens + Film + Cr2-Batteries
- Dimensions: 135 x 90 x 59 mm