image by John-Henry Collinson (Image rights)
The 524/2 is a folding camera in the Ikonta line, produced by the German company Zeiss Ikon.
It takes 8 images size 6x9 cm on 120 type rollfilm and comes equipped with a variety of lenses and shutters.
It was also sold as the Ikonta III 21/4 x 31/4 and as the Ikonta M 6x9.
By adding an uncoupled rangefinder Zeiss Ikon closed the gap between the viewfinder equiped Ikontas and the coupled rangefinder equiped Super-Ikontas.
- Production period : 1951 to 1953
- Format : 6 x 9 cm on 120 type rollfilm
- Known Lens/Shutter combinations :
Novar 4.5/105 mm lens in a Prontor-S shutter
Novar 3.5/105 mm lens in a Prontor-S shutter
Tessar 3.5/105 mm lens in a Synchro-Compur shutter
- Filter Size : ?
- Flash synchronisation : Socket on shutter, X-synchronisation, Synchro-Compur also M-synchronisation
- Selftimer : Yes
- Lighmeter system : none
- Double exposure prevention : Yes
- Rangefinder : Uncoupled
- Color Finish : Black with chrome topcover and ornaments
- Color Leatherette : Black
- Dimensions WxHxD (folded) : 165x100x45 mm
- Weight: 850 grams
- Bernd K.Otto, Article "Die Entwicklung der Ikonta/Super Ikonta (2)" in the German magazine Photo Deal Nr.47 IV/2004
- Zeiss Ikon brochure "Erfüllbare Wünschträume - Zeiss Ikon Cameras" from 1953, page 6