Kobayashi Seiki Seisakusho (小林精機製作所, meaning Kobayashi Precision Works) was a Japanese company, which made cine cameras, bellows and accessories sold under the Kopil brand. It sometimes used a K.S.S logo.
| Kopil Bellowscope in Leica screw mount.|
Picture by David Murphy. (Image rights)
A company called Kobayashi Seiki still exists today (2009), founded as "Kobayashi Seiki Seisakusho" (小林精機製作所) in October 1953 in the city of Morioka. It is probably not the same as that described above, which was certainly already active before 1953.
- Kopil Folding Bellowscope, single folding rail, in various mounts (shows patent number 472839)
- name variants of the Kopil Folding Bellowscope:
- Kopil Bellowsmat, single rail, with movements, in various mounts
- Kopil Duo-Track Bellowscope, dual rail, in various mounts
- Kopil Mod.III rangefinder (c.1955)
| Kopil Mod.III rangefinder.|
Pictures by Hans Kerensky. (Image rights)
- Kopil CdS TTL meter, in various mounts
- Kopil shoe-mounted exposure meter
|Kopil CdS TTL meter, 42mm screw mount. Picture courtesy of Pacific Rim Camera. (Image rights)|| Kopil shoe-mounted exposure meter.|
Picture by Keith Rock. (Image rights)
Other camera accessories
| Kopil self-timer, with K.S.S logo|
images by Marc Belanger (Image rights)
- Kopil cine cameras
- ↑ Fujishima, p.122 of Kurashikku Kamera Senka no.38; Takeda, p.110 of Kurashikku Kamera Senka no.53; This page and this page at Shisantei.
- ↑ Kopil self-timer pictured here by Marcfoto, and Kopil bellows observed in online auctions.
- ↑ Official company history of the current Kobayashi Seiki.
- ↑ Date: Fujishima, p.122 of Kurashikku Kamera Senka no.38.
- ↑ Takeda, pp.110–1 of Kurashikku Kamera Senka no.53.
- Fujishima Kōichi (藤島広一). "Kyorikei 2 - Nihon-sei" (距離計・２・日本製, Rangefinders 2: Made in Japan). Kamera Rebyū: Kurashikku Kamera Senka (カメラレビュー クラシックカメラ専科) / Camera Review: All about Historical Cameras no.38, June 1996. ISBN 4-257-13003-2. Purakuchika maunto (プラクチカマウント, special issue on the Praktica mount). Pp.118–23. (On the Kopil No.III rangefinder.)
- Takeda Shigeru (武田茂). "Serufutaimā korekushon" (セルフタイマーコレクション, Self-timer collection). Kamera Rebyū: Kurashikku Kamera Senka (カメラレビュー クラシックカメラ専科) / Camera Review: All about Historical Cameras no.53, December 1999. ISBN 4-257-13026-1. Tokushū: 50-nin no korekutā ni kiku watakushi no ichi-dai (特集:50人のコレクターに聞く私の1題, 50 stories told by camera collectors). Pp.110–1. (On the Kopil self-timer.)
- Kopil Zoom 8 EE cine camera at Stefan's Camera Collection
- Kopil CdS TTL meter in James Ollinger's exposure meter collection
- Kopil CdS TTL meter among Exakta close-up equipment in Captain Jack's Exakta Pages