Canon Snappy LXII/Prima BF-8 (Date)/BF 35D
|Canon Prima BF-8 (Date)|
image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)
Canon Prima BF8 (Date) is a 35mm compact, fully automatic, viewfinder film camera manufactured by Canon Camera Co., Inc, Tokyo, Japan and marketed in 1998.
Prima BF8 (Date) is known Canon Snappy LXII/Date in America and BF35D in Japan.
This camera is characterized by a extra-large viewfinder, three times larger than the usual finders, BF means Big Finder. It was the final camera in the Canon Snappy series.
While the BF-8 was fixed focus, the Prima AF-8 added autofocus to the same basic body.
- Lens: Canon 35mm f/4.5, three element in 3 groups, when the camera in OFF position the lens cap closes automatically
- Focusing: fixed-focus, range 1m to inf.
- Shutter: Auto, Program-type electromagnetic shutter with aperture control, Speeds: 1/45, 1/100, 1/125 and 1/180
- Winding cocking and rewinding: Auto, with built-in motor; Mid-roll rewind possible
- Viewfinder: Reverse Galilean type, w/ bright lines, w/ OK-to-shoot green LED indicator *Exposure meter: CdS cell, Program AE , Metering range: EV10-16 with ISO 100, Film Speed Range: ISO 100, 200, 400, sets automatically with DX-Decoding
- Mode Dial: Automatic mode with Red-Eye Reduction, Flash ON mode, Flash OFF mode, and Self-Timer mode
- Autodate feature: with various date imprint selections, separate power source 3V Lithium CR2025 battery, time display on the back cover
- Film loading: Auto, film is advanced to frame 1 automatically after being loaded and the back is closed
- Built-in flash unit: range: ISO 100/200 1.5-3.5m, ISO 400 1.5-6.8m; Red-Eye Reduction feature; Fires automatically in low-light conditions
- Other: self-timer, film reminder window
- Battery: 2x AA Alkaline batteries, not compatible with Ni-Cd or Lithium batteries
- Weight: 230g wo / batteries
image by ssntx (Image rights)
|Canon Prima BF-8 (Date).
Images by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)