B&L Iris Diaphragm Shutter
| Bausch & Lomb Iris Diaphragm shutter with Bausch & Lomb lens|
image by Luis Cozeto (Image rights)
The Iris Diaphragm Shutter of 1891 was the first of Bausch & Lomb's characteristic series of two-piston multi-speed brass shutters with iris diaphragm for standard camera lenses. It has an f-stop and shutter speed setting device on top that reminds of a clock or a ship's machine telegraph. It was invented by Edward Bausch, George Hommel, and Andrew Wollensak. This brass shutter was also made in an aluminium version. The predecessing version of 1888, invented by Edward Bausch, had only one piston for remote shutter release tube connection, and no shutter speed setting scale.
- ↑ 1891 version, see Iris Diaphragm Shutter, 1891-type, Brass - c. 1896 on piercevaubel.com
- ↑ Alu variant, see Aluminum Iris Diaphragm Shutter - c. 1900 on piercevaubel.com
- ↑ 1888 version, see Iris Diaphragm Shutter, 1888-type, Brass - c. 1889 on piercevaubel.com