|Bingham Canyon Mine, U.S. government photo by Andreas Feininger (Image rights)|
Andreas Bernhard Lyonel Feininger (*27 December 1906, Paris, +18 February 1999, New York) was a photographer, famous for his architecture photography and for his comprehensive photography teaching books. He had studied architecture at the famous Bauhaus in Dessau. He emigrated from Nazi-Germany via Paris and Stockholm to the U.S. in 1939, where he became photo-reporter for the "LIFE" magazine in 1943.
He worked much with view cameras and tele lenses, some of them self-made.
- Feininger photographs on the George Eastman House site
- Feiniger gallery on Flickr
- Feininger tributes on Flickr
- Andreas Feininger: The Complete Photographer.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1965.
London: Thames & Hudson, 1965. And later editions.
- Andreas Feininger: The Complete Colour Photographer.
London: Thames & Hudson, 1969.