From Camera-wiki.org
Revision as of 14:42, 19 April 2012 by Voxphoto (talk | contribs) (wikilink ground glass)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Glossary Terms

A microprism is a focusing aid made of an area very small prisms built in to a focusing screen; this causes a slightly out-of focus image to "sparkle" or "shatter" compared to the surrounding plain ground-glass screen. Microprisms are often used in SLRs, often in combination with a split-image device.