|Stereo Realist model 1041|
image by Geoff Harrisson (Image rights)
Originally a manufacturer of precision surveying instruments, the David White Company in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, introduced the Stereo Realist camera in 1947, a camera which set a standard for stereo photography.
David White, a hungarian immigrant, started this company as an instrument maker in 1895. It made instruments for land surveying, In 1943, Seton Rochwite approached the David White Company with the idea to build a new type of stereo camera which was later the Stereo Realist 3.5. Camera production ceased in 1971.
The company is still active.
-  University of Toronto