|This is the discussion page for Leandro.
Footnotes and new templates
The changes that you made to the footnotes I added in the Olympus article is interesting. I had not considered the possibility to make multiple footnotes at the same point in the text.
Unfortunately the "Cite_web" template that you imported from Wikipedia, and most of the other templates you created today in the same way, do not work in Camerapedia. This is because of the limitations of Camerapedia's own Mediawiki software, which was installed without the logical extensions "#if", "#ifeq", etc. It is my hope that these will work in the future, when the software is updated by the site owner. In the moment, please don't use these templates because they will only print garbage.
Rebollo fr 06:17, 16 November 2008 (EST)
- I see that you keep adding templates into Camerapedia, presumably taken from Wikipedia. As an administrator, I am uncomfortable with having loads of complex templates dumped into Camerapedia in this way. Moreover most of these do not seem to work here, and do not serve any well-defined need. For example I would be glad to learn what benefit to Camerapedia is brought by the new "Hh" template.
- I would please ask you to stop adding such templates, unless you are ready to make them work properly and write clear documentation on their use.
- --Rebollo fr 13:01, 16 November 2008 (EST)
- Sorry, didn't saw your note. I was just trying to make the cite web template. Please notify whenever it may be made to work. Leandro 16:29, 16 November 2008 (EST)
- Sorry for having insisted, I was afraid that you would add too many of these templates. I'll try to contact Brandon Stone (main admin of the site) to see if he can update the software. Regards, Rebollo fr 14:22, 17 November 2008 (EST)