|This is the discussion page for Holga 120N.
So, the Holga 120N definitely was introduced before 2009. Unfortunately I don't know the exact date.
All of them have a Bulb setting and the tripod thread. I think they all came with 6x6 masks and foam in the film compartment?
But what happened around 2009 was that Holga made changes in mid-production, to fix some of the bugs in all earlier Holgas:
- "Sunny" position added a functioning aperture stop (I can confirm that my own 120N lacks this)
- Plugging the light leaks which came from the two holes used by the battery contacts in the flash models (ditto)
- Shutter linkage redesigned so it recaps properly when lifting finger off shutter button (no more ghost image at bottom right of frame)
- I never owned the 120N model until recently. lets take that year off then. Do you know when the Holga 120S was made? Or is there any difference between my previous one that just says "Holga"?--Tkmedia (talk) 21:04, 15 December 2015 (CST)
I have a old freestyle catalog that says the 120SF was in 2000. So between 2000-2005? I cant seem find anything on the 120N in 2002, so I'm thinking 2003. Amazon.com on their 120N page has "Date first available at Amazon.com: June 17, 2003" --Tkmedia (talk) 00:14, 16 December 2015 (CST)
- Oh hey, the inventor says the original 1981 Holga was already called 120S. And I can't recall I've ever seen or read about a Holga that had no model number. Originally there was also a Woca 120G too.