|image by nik.jalopx (Image rights)|
The Sekonic L-488 Digi-Spot is a digital spot meter introduced in 1985. It replaced the L-228 Zoom-meter.
The meter is shutter priority and features a digital LCD display, a EV calculator dial, as well as illuminated display in the finder. The finder can display in EV as well as F-stop, eliminating the need to view the LCD on the side of the body. It is capable of using a 1° or a 20° measurement angle. To use 1° slide the setting on the handle to SP, while 20° is marked as AV. While in AV mode a yellow indicator appears in the finder. Along with ambient light measurement, flash can also be used by setting the power switch to flash mode and attaching a PC sync cord. Flash measurements can only be made in F-stop mode.
- Measuring system: reflective
- Measuring angle: 1° and 20° approx.
- Sensor element: Silicon photo diode
- Measuring range (ISO 100): 1 to 20 EV ambient
- Measuring range (ISO 100): f5.6 to f90 flash
- Shutter ambient: 30 min to 1/8000 sec.
- Shutter flash: 1 sec. to 1/500 sec.
- Aperture: f1 to 90
- Film speed: 6 to 25000 ASA
- EV: -4 to 24
- Power: 2x SUM-3 1.5v (AA)
- Dimensions: 155 × 73 × 50 mm
- Weight: 250g approx