Rolleiflex Automat Model 2
|Rolleiflex Automat, model 2|
image by GarthMaul (Image rights)
This is the second model in a very succesfull line of Rolleiflex 6x6 Automats. Highly appraised by photographers because its "automatic" functions enabled a faster workflow.
- Automatic stop at the first frame of the film, no red window needed anymore. Possible by a patented film start sense mechanism which detected the tape that fixes the film to its backpaper.
- Automatic tensioning of the shutter during the film transport.
- Double exposure prevention.
- Blank exposure prevention.
Main difference with the Rolleiflex Automat Model 1 is a security cap to cover the release button.
- Rollei internal name : K4, build 631
- Production period : 1938 to 1939, about 12.500 units
- Format : 12 exposures of 6 x 6 cm on 120 type rollfilm.
Furthermore a Plate adapter for sheet film and a Rolleikin adapter for 35mm film cartridges can be used.
- Taking lens: Carl Zeiss Tessar 1:3.5 f=7.5cm
- Viewing lens: Heidoscop-Anastigmat 1:2.8 f=7.5cm
- Filter Bayonet : Taking lens, size 1.
Sometimes also added on Viewing lens by an after-sales factory service
- Parallax error correction.
- Shutter: Compur-Rapid CR00 leafshutter. Speeds 1 to 1/500 sec. and B.
- Flash synchronisation : None
Sometimes X synchronisation added by an after-sales factory service
- Double exposure prevention
- Color Laqcuer : Black
- Color Leatherette : Black
- Dimensions WxDxH: 92 x 95 x 140 mm
- Weight: 920 grams
- Claus Prochnow, Rollei Report 1, Braunschweig, Lindemanns Verlag, 1993, ISBN 3-89506-105-0.