This article is a stub. You can help Camera-wiki.org by expanding it.
This article needs photographs. You can help Camera-wiki.org by adding some. See adding images for help.
The LX-22 is a fixed-focus point-and-shoot camera introduced by Japanese manufacturer Ricoh in 1992. A version with a data back was also available, and it was sold as the LX-22 Date. The model named LX-22S is a variant model featuring a transparent body shell and colorfully painted internal components, which was released a year later in 1993 and manufactured limited numbers. This see-through camera is also known as the XOBBOX. Although its body shell is transparent, it can take pictures; the film chamber itself is not see-through and is safely sealed from external light.
- Predecessor Model: L-20 / YF-20 Super / One Take Easy II (1989)
This article also needs photographs of the original black LX-22. You can help Camera-wiki.org by adding some. See adding images for help.
image by Romuald Swieconek (Image rights)
image by Nicodemus Roger (Image rights)
- Release Date: March 1992
- Camera Type: 35mm film lens shutter camera
- Lens: Ricoh Lens 35mm f/4.5, 3 elements in 3 groups
- Focus: fixed focus with infinity setting facility
- Shutter: mechanical, 1/125 sec. (fixed-speed)
- Exposure Control: fixed exposure
- Viewfinder: reverse Galilean type, 0.52 X, 80% field of view
- Film Speed Range: manual setting, ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 1000
- Built-in Flash: activated automatically in dim light, range: 1~3 m, recharge time approx. 6 sec., no flash-off facility
- Other Features: automatic film loading, automatic film advance, automatic film rewind with mid-roll rewind facility, self-timer
- Power Source: two AA-type batteries (alkaline or manganese)
- Dimensions: 132 mm X 68 mm X 54 mm
- Weight: 235 g (without batteries)
|Release Date||Model Name||Updates|
|1987.2||YF-20 (Myport Ami)||Predecessor to the series, Rikenon 35mm f/4 Lens|
|1989.9||L-20 (YF-20 Super / One Take Easy II)||Ricoh 35mm f/4.5 Lens, Large body|
|1991.7||Auto 35 (Boots C35FF)||(Downgraded model, limited ISO choice, no infinity focus)|
|1992.3||LX-22 (LX-22S / XOBBOX)||New design, Self-timer, Auto-activating flash|
|1997.12||YF20-E||Smaller body, New design, DX-coding|
|YF-20N||Ricoh 34mm f/4.5 Lens, Smaller body, New design, DX-coding|
- ↑ A particular aperture is selected according to the film speed regardless of the light conditions
- LX-22 on Ricoh Official Website Camera List
- LX-22S on Ricoh Official Website Camera List
- Ricoh LX-22 manual at Michael Butkus Orphan Camera Manual Library