Rathenower Optische Werke
The Rathenower Optische Werke m.b.H (ROW) were a post-Word War II merger of two optical companies resident in Rathenow (Brandenburg, Germany) such as Emil Busch, and Nitsche and Günther. In 1948 ROW was reconstituted as VEB Rathenower Optische Werke, a state-owned company created and operated during the time of the German Democratic Republic (GDR). Another optics manufacturer of Rathenow, Laack Söhne, was added to ROW at the same time. In 1966 ROW was joined into the Kombinat VEB Carl Zeiss Jena. After the end of the GDR the Rathenower Optische Werke, as any other GDR entities, were sold converted into smaller companies with less-viable elements shut down and other elements restructured into new companies.
- Die Optische Industrie in Rathenow (pdf). Vergangenheit–Gegenwart–Zukunft. at Website of the city of Rathenow
- Wikipedia Link (in German)
- Rathenower Optische Werke m.b.H translated to Rathenow Optical works Ltd.
- Die Geschichte der optischen Industrie in Rathenow II (History of the optical industry in Rathenow part II) at Kompetenzzentrum Optik Rathenow (Rathenow Optics Centre).
- VEB=Volkseigener Betrieb ('people's owned company')
- Die Optische Industrie in Rathenow. Vergangenheit–Gegenwart–Zukunft. at Website of the city of Rathenow
- Wikipedia Link (in German).