image by Kenneth Dwain Harrelson (Image rights)
The Phoenix P-3000 is a manual focus 35mm SLR camera distributed by Phoenix. It was manufactured in China, by the Shanghai General Camera Factory and is based on the Minolta X-300s, (the Minolta X-370n in North America), an updated version of the Minolta X-300. (Minolta X-370) A similar camera is the Kalimar KX-5000.
- Badging: Phoenix
- Manufacturer: Seagull
- Lens mount: Minolta MD
- Shutter: Quart-controlled horizontal traverse cloth curtain
- Shutter speeds: 4 to 1/1000 sec. (auto), 1 to 1/1000 sec. (manual), plus "B"
- Meter: TTL center-weighted averaging, silicon photocell
- Exposure modes: Aperture priority (AUTO) or Manual (M)
- Self-timer: Electronic, 10 sec, LED signal
- ISO range: 12 - 3200 in 1/3 EV increments
- Flash: Hot shoe with X-Sync at 1/60
- Battery: (2) 1.5V LR44/SR44
- Weight: 470 g (16.5 oz)