Olympus mju ZOOM 140
|image by Vagn Sloth-Madsen (Image rights)|
- Full automatic 35 mm autofocus lens-shutter camera with built-in 38 ~ 140 mm zoom lens.
- 35 mm standard DX-coded film (24 x 36 mm)
- Olympus lens 38 ~ 140 mm. F4 ~ 11, 10 elements in 8 groups.
- Programmed electronic shutter.
- Real image zoom viewfinder (with autofocus mark, close-up correction marks, autofocus indicator and flash indicator). With diopter adjuster.
- Passive type multi auto-focus, autofocus auxiliary lamp lights at low light levels, effective range 4.5 m (14.8 ft) (under our company test conditions), with focus lock.
- Wide-angle: 0.6 m (2 ft) - (infinity)
- Telephoto: 0.9 m (3 ft) - (infinity)
- Programmed automatic exposure control, 3-zone light metering, switchable to spot metering. Auto exposure range: Wide-angle — EV2 (F4·4 sec.) to EV16 (F12.8·1/400 sec.), Telephoto — EV5 (F11·4 sec.) to EV17 (F22.9· 1/250 sec).
- Progressive type with automatic reset, displayed on LCD panel.
- Electronic selftimer 12-sec. delay.
- Remote control (optional): Infrared remote control unit with 3-sec. delay.
- Automatic setting with DX-coded film with ISO 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200. Film speeds other than the above will be automatically set to the next lower speed. For non DX-coded film and film with less than ISO 50, film speed is set to ISO 100.
- Automatic loading. (Automatically advances to first frame when camera back cover is closed.)
- Automatic film winding.
- Automatic film rewind (automatic rewind activation at end of film, automatic rewind stop). Rewind possible at any point with rewind button.
- Built-in flash. Recycling time: Approx. 0.5 ~ 5.5 sec. (at normal temperature with new battery). Flash working range: Wide-angle — 0.6 ~ 6.4 m (2 ~ 21 ft), Telephoto — 0.9 ~ 2.3 m (3 ~ 7.5 ft)
with ISO 100 color negative film: Wide-angle — 0.6 ~ 12.8 m (2 ~ 42 ft). Telephoto — 0.9 ~ 4.6 m (3 ~ 15.1 ft) with ISO 400 color negative film.
- Auto (Automatic flash activation in low/light and backlight), Red-eye Reducing (otherwise same as in Auto), Flash Off (no flash with slowest shutter speed of 4 sec.), Fill- In (forced activation), * Night Scene (for night scenes with slowest shutter speed of 4 sec. other functions operate the same as in Auto), Red-eye Reducing Night Scene (otherwise same as in Night Scene).
- Battery check displayed on LCD panel.
- Weatherproof IEC Standard publication 529.Classification of degrees of protection provided by enclosures. Degree of protection indicated by the second characteristics numeral 4. Short description: Protected against splashing water. Water splashed against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect. Test for second numeral 4: The equipment is sprayed from all practical Directions. The water pressure is adjusted to give a delivery rate of 10 lit./min. The test duration shall be 1 min. per m2 of calculated surface area of the enclosure with a minimum duration of 5 min.
- 3 V lithium battery (DL123A/CR123A)
- Dimensions: 120 (W) x 65.5 (H) x 46 (D) mm (4.7 x 2.6 x 1.8 in) (without protrusions such as grip etc.).
- Weight: 255 g (9.0 oz)(without battery)
|Olympus Mju 140 with remote, champagne color|
image by René Maly (Image rights)
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE OPTIONAL REMOTE CONTROL
- Infrared type remote control
- Operating range approx. 5m (16.4ft)
- Size: 32mm x 44mm x 13mm (1.3in x 1.7in x 0.5in)
- Weight: 11g (0.4oz) (without battery)
- Operating confirmation beeper included
- Normal waterproofing (IEC Standard Publication 529)
- Replaceable battery type (use one CR1220 battery)
- Battery life is approx. 5 years or approx. 20,000 operations