Nagel Librette 74
|Nagel Librette 74 c.1930.|
image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)
- Model: c.1930
- Format: 120 roll, 6x9cm
- Engravings on top of the camera, camera leg, back cover and under the lens standard: Nagel logo
- The ID of the camera is easy due to the Engraving on the hand grip: Nagel 74
- Lens: Nagel-Anastigmat 105mm f/4.5, the front element of the lens has screw mount, Aperture: f/4.5-f/25,
- Focusing: bellows focusing, distance scale and lever on the right inside of the front cover; Focus range: 1.2-10m +inf.
- Shutter: Ibsor leaf shutter, speeds: 1-1/125 + B&T, (DRP marking on front of the lens-shutter barrel), setting: dial on top of the lens-shutter barrel
- Cocking and Shutter release: by the same lever on the lens-shutter barrel, for speeds press once then release the lever, the shutter cocks, opens and closes
- Waist level brilliant finder, turning 90 degrees to left on its own axis for landscape pictures, w/ a red spirit level
- Sports finder: A big wire sports finder, hinged on the lens standard and used with a frame on a pull-out tab, on the left side of the camera,
- Bellows: single-extension
- Back cover: remowable with whole box except right plate of the camera, w/ red window, opens by a knob with A and Z marks on the left plate of the camera, when the knob on A, pull-out by holding the right plate of the camera
- Other: Tripod sockets: old type 3/8 inch; Lugs for leather hand grip
- Body: metal; Weight: 568g
|Nagel Librette Luxus 6x9, Nagel Anastigmat f4.5/10,5cm lens.|
Images by yalluflex. (Image rights)
Librette 74 produced with many different lens and shutter combinations, like Nagel Anastigmat, Laudar or Xenar f/4,5 & 6,3 105mm lenses and Nagel, Pronto or Compur shutters. Also there are black or brown coverings.
Dr.Nagel-Werke founded by Dr.August Nagel in 1928.
Dr. A.Nagel founded or merged with several camera factories. In 1908 Drexler & Nagel was founded by him, a camera maker based in Stuttgart, Germany. In 1909 it was renamed to Contessa Camerawerke or Contessa Camerawerke Drexler & Nagel.
In 1919 the company bought the Nettel Camerawerk and it operated under the Contessa-Nettel name from 1919 until 1926.
Then Dr.Nagel was one of the co-founders of Zeiss Ikon in 1926.
He left Zeiss Ikon in 1928 and founded his own company.
|Nagel Librette 74 c.1930.
Images by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)