image by Hans Kerensky (Image rights)
The Mauritius is an underwater camera produced by Cullmann. It consists of a 35mm camera in a plastic housing which is watertight till a depth of 45 meters.
- Type : 35mm Allweather, watertight camera
- Filmformat : 24x36mm
- Lens : F3.5 / 34mm (3 elements in 3 groups)
- Shutter : Mechanical, behind the lens
- Depth of Focus above water : Fixfocus, 1 meter till infinity
- Depth of Focus under water : Fixfocus, 1.4 meter till infinity
- Exposure control : Underexposure warning by red LED; 3 diaphragma settings
Flash is turned on when diaphragma under F5.6
- Film speed : ISO 100 or ISO 400, DX code auto recognized.
- Viewfinder : Optical viewfinder; 0.45x magnification; 80% frame coverage.
Optional auxiliary clip-on frame viewfinder
- Flash : Built-in flash. Guide number (above water) 10 with ISO 100; Recharge time 6 seconds
- Film transport : Automatic
- Film rewind : Automatic after activating rewind lever
- Power : Two 1.5Volt alkaline AA-size batteries
- Depth rating : 45 Meters (146 feet)
- Dimensions : Height 100mm, Width 167mm, Depth 66mm
- Weight : 600 grams
Images by Hans Kerensky. (Image rights)
Notes and References
- According to the manual from 1997
- Made by the Japanese company Epoque