image by Ingo Kwiat (Image rights)
The Leica S3 is a medium-format digital system camera. It is the successor to the S2 and the original Leica S. Like them, it has a 30x45mm sensor, but it has greatly increased resolution, with 64 megapixels instead of 37.5. The camera allows sensitivity to be set between ISO 100 and 50 000.
- Super-Elmar-S 1:3.5/24 mm ASPH. (19)
- Elmarit-S 1:2.8/30mm ASPH. (24)
- Summarit-S 1:2.5/35mm ASPH.
- Elmarit-S 1:2.8/45mm ASPH. (35)
- Summarit-S 1:2.5/70mm ASPH.
- Summicron-S 1:2.0/100mm ASPH.
- APO-Macro-Summarit-S 1:2.5/120mm
- TS-APO-Elmar-S 1:5.6/120mm ASPH. (tilt & shift lens)
- APO-Tele-Elmar-S 1:3.5/180mm
- Vario-Elmar-S 1:3.5–5.6/30–90mm ASPH.
The 30, 35, 45, 70 and 180mm lenses are available in a version with a central shutter, which adds about €1000 to the price, as of September 2020.